The activities you will perform:
- Set up, develop and maintain our backbone network as well as customer’s network.
- Provide support to our level 1 support team and troubleshoot any problems that arise.
- Involved in designing new networks/services together with the network architect.
- Ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance to our customers which are Municipalities, administrations, hospitals and Police.
- Show technical understanding as well as empathy on customers issues.
- Complete all information’s related to the issue and/or configuration in the knowledge Database/documentations.
- Work as technical support (level 2) on the customer network and services to his customers, and will know at least one of those environments:
- Cisco Wireless (controller 5520, CMX) o Cisco MPLS: ASR, ISR
- Fortinet: Fortigate, Fortianalyzer, Fortiweb...
- HPe products (switches HP Aruba 3810, 5900
- Knowledge of Video over IP is an asset (VMS Genetec).
- Work in collaboration with the operations team and the architect.
- Report to the Operations Manager.
- Build strong team relationships with other Network Engineers.
- Connect directly with end customers and vendors.
- Builds effective working relationships with customers while solving their issues.
- Have a direct communication with the customer.
- Provide level 2 technical support to end customers on the different technologies, products, and/or solutions with a special focus on Unified Communication and LAN services.
- Provide the next steps of troubleshooting in case of need.
- Share his/her knowledge with other people in writing technical issues and solutions in order to enlarge the knowledge database and documentation.
- Escalate the problems to the team if the issue is not to be solved at his/her level.
- Escalate some specific problems to the product manager and/or to the Operations Manager for product enhancement.
- Work closely with his colleagues to achieve common goals.
- Strive to technical excellence and expertise.
- Bachelors in computer studies or equivalent by experience.
- Cisco, Fortinet, HPe or other relevant technical certification.
- Prior experience in a technical ICT / Telecom support environment (advantageous).
- Prior experience of high-level technical problem solving (essential).
- Autonomous worker with team spirit (essential).
- Eager to learn. Technical aptitude to assimilate new learning quickly (essential).
- Enjoy sharing knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential).
- Flexible: very able to adapt to a changing environment (essential).
- Out-of-the-box thinker (essential).
- Able to take initiative and drive change (essential).
- Performs well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change in response to customer demand.
- Capacity and passion to help customers. Good customer engagement.
- Manage customer expectations and always aims to leave the customers feeling valued.
- Team player (essential).
- High "core" networking skills (routing, switching, MPLS).
- Good knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Unified communication/VOIP, Call Center, Routing, Switching (essential), firewalling.
- Knowledge of network Architecture (advantageous).
- Fluent Dutch and French speaker (essential), knowledge of English.
The value we will bring you:
- Work on challenging projects in a professional, dynamic environment.
- Get continuous learning opportunities, and a learning curve in a lot of different technologies.
- Get ongoing training on the job.
- Join a community of professionals with strong values of excellence and ethics.
- After the outsourcing period, there are evolution opportunities as product specialist and being involved in the services design and/or projects Delivery.