Senior Network Architect
The activities you will perform:
I- Backbone (MPLS) global management including monitoring aspects, change management, design & evolution of the network :
- Ensure up-to-date technical documents & enlarge the knowledge database.
- Responsible for designing computer networks, including local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) mainly on Cisco and HP material. Create, test, and evaluate those networks.
- Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Focus on security.
- Configure equipments and maintain them.
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects.
- Write functional requirements/ specifications documents.
- Upgrade network hardware and software components as required.
- Works closely with product managers and other teams in order to enforce the strategic plan.
- Analyzes business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
II- Manage technology vendors :
- Work directly with vendors in lab environment.
- Challenges and assess vendor proposals and development/test strategies.
- Develop technology roadmaps.
- Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving the telecom/services provider market.
- Proposes an evolution strategy for network and services.
III- Level 3 support the NOC team (4 members) for all complex projects, installations & issues :
- Involves the NOC team with delegated projects/tasks.
- Focus on knowledge sharing with the team.
- Leads internal workshops in order to improve NOC members skills.
- Bachelor in computer science or Engineering (or equivalent).
- 10+ years IT Infrastructure experience managing, securing, operating and supporting Networking services with a strong focus on IP networking technologies supporting voice, video and data networks.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIE certifications and other relevant technical certifications.
- Advanced trouble shooting and problem resolution skills with complex networks.
- Team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer minded.
- Autonomous worker.
- Enjoy sharing knowledge.
- Flexible: very able to adapt in a fast-changing environment.
- Out-of-the-box thinker.
- Able to take initiative and drive change.
- Perform well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change.
- Strong fundamental "core" networking skills, including routing, switching and network security.
- Strong experience with the following technologies/protocols: TCP/IP, IP addressing, RoutingProtocols, QOS/COS, Cisco routes/switches, VLAN, MPLS, ACI, DWDM, BGP, GPON, wireless controllers and access points, Fortinet Firewalls, Remote Access/VPN, VoIP, SIP, Voice Gateways, DNS, DHCP.
- Knowledge of IT Architecture.
- Fluent French (essential) and Dutch speaker + English.
The value we will bring you:
- Work on challenging projects in a professional, dynamic environment.
- Get continuous learning opportunities, and a learning curve in a lot of different technologies.
- Get ongoing training on the job.
- Join a community of professionals with strong values of excellence and ethics.